Thursday, October 20, 2016

cas(e) this sketch #195 - guest designer

I’m so excited to join the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge as a guest designer this week!  Such an honor!  Here’s the sketch we worked with:


And, here’s my card:


I tried to achieve the splatter and blotchy look by using a heavy hand when I blended distress inks for the sky.  Then I splattered on some white color mist, waited for everything to dry, and stamped on the blue snowflakes.


I stamped, colored (with Copics), and die cut the buildings.  Then I die cut the snowy hill.  Next, I adhered everything onto the card base with a combo of glue and foam tape.  And last by not least, I brushed some Wink of Stella glitter on to the buildings.  It was absolutely necessary.


Thank you for taking a look, and big hugs and thanks to CAS(E)this Sketch for inviting me to the party!  I had a great time!

Supplies:
Stamps: Mama Elephant City Sidewalks
Dies: Mama Elephant City Sidewalks and Landscape Trio

Inks: Copic markers, Mama Elephant (stargaze), Mister Huey’s Color Mists (opaque white), Tim Holtz Distress (broken china, peacock feathers)    
Other: Wink of Stella glitter brush (clear)

3 comments :

  1. So happy to see you guesting with us! Love your take on the sketch--your coloring is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the city scene! Your sky is awesome. So happy to have you along this week with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on guest designing at CTS! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete